Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

locheachles

Scheduled Refresh with QBO

Hello all,

Quick background--Recently I started building custom QBO reports for clients. I haven't worked with QBO in Power BI before this. I build these in Power BI desktop, with the QBO integrated data source, and then deploy to Power BI Pro to share as a Report. A few quick questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience with QBO-Power BI Pro? What have you done to get the scheduled refresh working seamlessly? I've had issues recently where it just wigs out and the data is simply wrong/incomplete after a "successful" refresh. Then I have to remove and republish from Desktop (Manually refreshing in Desktop works as expected).

2. Why do you have to use an on-premise gateway when QBO is in the cloud? I figure I may be missing something but the documentation seems to be clear (and I couldn't find anything on my normal forums) that you need the Gateway (and indeed this is what's "working" for me currently).

Thanks for any help. Due to some of these inconsistencies/frustrations I've considered 3rd party middleware like Skyvia/QQube/Stitch but would obviously want to avoid the cost and extra link in the chain if possible.

1 REPLY 1
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @locheachles ,

You can connect QuickBooks Online in  power bi service or power bi desktop and based on my knowledge, neither way requires a gateway.

1.PNG

If you use an integrated data source to connect, such as CData Cloud Hub/Stitch/Skyvia, it replicates the data and loads it into a data warehouse, so it is necessary to have an on-premise gateway.

For "scheduled refresh data incomplete", there may be multiple reasons, you can try to upgrade the on-premise gateway.

Here are some posts that are similar in your situation, I hope to help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Chart-contents-disappears-after-scheduled-refresh/td-p/1186...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Data-not-complete-after-refresh/td-p/25175

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.