Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

raymondvanzon
Frequent Visitor

Scatter plot alternatives

Hi all, 

I have a report with multiple visuals.
At the moment i am using multiple scatterplots to visualize data.

The scatterplot is ideal for visualizing my data as it bring usefull insight.
However I am not a fan of the amount of scatterplots I am using as it makes the report kinda busy.

So, are there any alternatives to the scatterplots that would provide me with the same insight? 

Please see the image for my report (don't mind how it looks, i have not done a lot of styling yet as this is a first stage test report)

As you could perhaps see I used Conditional formatting in my scatterplots, so for alternatives i would like to still be able to do this (if possible)

Screenshot.png

6 REPLIES 6
RobertAFischer

Without knowing much about the data store you're trying to tell, it's hard to advise. But is there a third dimension you can add to any? If there is, then a bubble chart would be good

What would you like to know about my data so people could advise better?
example for a scatterplot:
 i am showing coverage on the x-axis and the Workforce + retired on the y axis.

For all my scatterplots I am filtering the following:
- I am filtering for year and quartile for date

- I am filtering for different type of fun, i.e what type of fund a fund belongs to

- for conditional formatting I am using a specific fund

Hi @raymondvanzon ,

How about "scatter chart by Akvelon"?

Annotation 2020-03-11 154206.png

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-scatter

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@v-kelly-msft Thanks for the reply! However I checked it out and i don't think this will give me the insight i want unfortunately

@amitchandak Thanks for the reply! There was some usefull insight concerning variation, but it was still all scatter-plot based. I don't think the bubble chart will give me the insight I want unfortunately

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.