Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same values for sub dimension in a matrix

Hi All,

Please I need help with the issue below. The image below is the capture of our model

Filter by Budget & Actual.PNG

Now, we have the following measures (actual calculated from trial_balance fact table and budget calculated from Budget fact table):

actual = sum(trial_balance[Crédit Per])

budget = sum(Budget[BudgetAmount])

Now notice what is not working correctly in the image below (Hierarchy Level 1 (e.g LV, MV etc) Mapping dimension (Mapping column), Hierarchy Level 2 (e.g ALUCAM, SOCATRAL etc) Mapping dimension (Eneo requirement mapping column), Hierarchy Level 3 (e.g CIMAF, CIMENCAM etc) Sub Mapping dimension (Mapping1 column): As you can see below, the values highlighted are thesame which is incorrect. When I put Mapping1 column from Budget dimension as the third level hierarchy, the values for Budget are okay but not for Actual. When I put Mapping1 from Mapping des comptes, the values for Actual are okay but not for budget. When I put Mapping1 column from Sub mapping dimension, both Actual and Budget are thesame.

Same Values for Mapping1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description and screenshot, i am confused with the relationships among these tables.

Please give me more details about which column is used as one and which is used as many between each two tables' one-to-many relationships?

And i also need to know the three columns in matrix come from what tables?

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-gizhi-msft ,

Please find below your request.

Please give me more details about which column is used as one and which is used as many between each two tables' one-to-many relationships?

1. Between Mapping and SubMapping

* The Mapping column (1) in Mapping table and the Mapping column (*) in Sub Mapping table

2. Between Mapping and Mapping des Comptes

* The Mapping column (1) in Mapping table and the Mapping column (*) in Mapping des comptes table

3. Between Mapping and Budget

* The Mapping column (1) in Mapping table and the Mapping column (*) in Budget table

4. Between Mapping des comptes and trial_balance

* The SYSCOHADA Account column (1) in Mapping des comptes table and the Numero/account number column (*) in trial_balance table

5. Between DimDate and Budget

* The Date column (1) in DimDate table and the Date column (*) in Budget table

6. Between DimDate and trial_balance

* The Date column (1) in DimDate table and the Date column (*) in trial balance table

And i also need to know the three columns in matrix come from what tables?

The three columns are as follows from first to last

1. Mapping [Eneo requirement mapping]

2. Mapping [Mapping]

3. Sub Mapping [Mapping 1]

Matrix Rows.PNG

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed explanation, and i found the problem in these relationships:

I create a silimar table model with you and for your issue, it is because the 'Sub Mapping'[Mapping 1] can not directly filter the 'Budget'[BudgetAmount], and they are both filtered by Table 'Mapping'.

So, i try to rebuild your relationships:

1)Create a table to connect Table 'Budget' and 'Mapping':

Level 2 = DISTINCT(SELECTCOLUMNS('Sub Mapping',"Mapping",'Sub Mapping'[Mapping],"Mapping 1",'Sub Mapping'[Mapping 1]))

It is easy to create the relationship between Table 'Mapping' and 'Level 2':

51.PNG

But when i try to create the relationship between Table 'Budget' and 'Level 2', it has a problem that i need more data because the original table used [Mapping] as key column and this time i need [Mapping 1] as key column.

And the Table 'Trial_balance' is the same problem.

So, you need to rebuild your whole table model.

Here is my test pbix file:

pbix 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.