Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VL345
Frequent Visitor

SUM not working

Hello,

I cant figure out why my total sum is not working, its giving a really werid number. I want to filter based on month, etc... and see the total sum of NSR, double checked everything and cant find the issue 😞

VL345_0-1668775690651.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @VL345 

You can use Dax calculations in Desktop.

Sample data:

vzhangti_1-1669013008929.png

Measure:

SUM = SUMX('Table',[Value])

vzhangti_0-1669012978983.png

vzhangti_2-1669013036842.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @VL345 

You can use Dax calculations in Desktop.

Sample data:

vzhangti_1-1669013008929.png

Measure:

SUM = SUMX('Table',[Value])

vzhangti_0-1669012978983.png

vzhangti_2-1669013036842.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, 

Yes! Exactly like this, however its still returining the same values as it did... 

I think I have a problem within relationships. Because the returning sum value is exactly by only two NSR in the table. 

So somehow its taking value 1 and 2 and creating sum out of them, not taking Value1 X each row .. 

Any idea how to fix it?

Hi, @VL345 

Can you provide sample data for testing? Sensitive information can be removed in advance. What kind of expected results do you expect? You can also show it with pictures or Excel. I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Hello, 

sorry I didnt have time yesterday - I sorted it out differently, changed the relationships between data and I am working with NSR / per day to achive my sum (instead of NSR per working days assigned) 🙂 

Thanks though for all your help 🙂 

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @VL345 ,

Which column from which table did you use for the SUM of NSR Per Day? Which table and column is your date from. While I can see the relationships between the tables, I can only imagine which  columns are use to the  create the relationships.  This is a good read on how you can get a better response:

danextian_0-1668917864430.png

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/td-p/1447523/jump...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @VL345 ,

If it is a regular sum, it is unlikely to not show the total of the rows. Can you please a sample data and the formula you used?

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

Dates filtering comes from Date (date per record submitted by user and stored in Dataverse) and the NSR per day from calculated column 

VL345_0-1668776250514.png

It is hard to figure out what is wrong with just the information  you provided. What you're showing is the formula in PQ but the sum formula could be different in DAX. Can you please post a sanitized version of the data model? Here's how you can get a quicker/better response: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer 

Sorry, 

I am super new to PowerBI and im not exactly sure what data you need to help me. The SUM formula created itself, where I can find the formula ?? 

Heres my relationships between tables. I consolidate all of it in the NSR table (the last one). 

VL345_0-1668779586782.png

Data sample looks liket this:

Dates are in this format: 

VL345_1-1668779952123.png

and the NSR is what I show you in my previous post, its calculated in Power Query based on other (type number) data. 

What more can I show you to make it easy for you please??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.