Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

SSAS Live - How to change the source(server)?

Hi Team,

I've used SSAS Live connection in my report. Now I want to change the SSAS server Let's say from DEV to QA.

Is there any way to change it?

Kindly help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working perfectly fine. I did restart the Power BI Desktop after switching the server.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you have build you report in a Power BI Desktop with a live connection to you Analysis Services cube, you can change the connection by opening the file and then in the "Edit Queries" drop-down list you can select "Data source settings" and here you can change the connection to another cube.

/sdjensen

@sdjensen,

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to change the server. Both the server has same database. 

FYI - I've tried the option. But It doesn't work.

Guess you didn't do it right then. I just did a test where I created a new .pbix file with a live connection to my test cube on server1 and then changed the connection to my live cube on server2.

/sdjensen

Is it?

Do you have any suggested way to make it work?

Not if following my instructions didn't work.

/sdjensen

I changed the server. But I got the following error,

running.PNG

@SivaMani,

This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact the administrator of your Power BI tenant to open a support ticket in the admin portal.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's working perfectly fine. I did restart the Power BI Desktop after switching the server.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.