Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AKKortbaek

SAP HANA Connection. No Content.

Hi all, 

I'm trying to connect to a HANA Cloud data base using the PowerBI "SAP HANA Database" connection. 

I'm able to connect, but I don't see any objects. I know there are tables and views and when e.g using Tableau then I see them. 

Any idea why I don't see anything? 

It works fine with the "ODBC" connector, but I don't want to use that. 

AKKortbaek_0-1645109085150.png

I've already downloaded the "SAP HANA ODBC driver"  and I'm able to make a connection via the "SAP HANA Adaptor". I just don't see any objects in the navigator. 

Thanks, Anders 

4 REPLIES 4
yhablatou
Regular Visitor

@AKKortbaek  did you find the solution ?

No. Unfortunately not. 

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AKKortbaek 

To use SAP HANA, you must have the SAP HANA ODBC driver installed on the local client computer for the Power BI Desktop's SAP HANA data connection to work properly.

You can download the SAP HANA Client tools from SAP Development Tools, which contains the necessary ODBC driver. Or you can get it from the SAP Software Download Center

For more information, please refere to Connect to SAP HANA databases in Power BI .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Maybe I was not clear. I already downloaded and installed the SAP HANA ODBC Driver. It also works fine if I connect via ODBC. 

I get the problem when using the "SAP HANA Database" connector. I want to use the "Direct Query" option and that is not available when I use the ODBC connector. 

BR, Anders 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.