Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

murphm6
Helper II
Helper II

Rolling 12 month sum for a summarized table

Hi all,

Can anyone assist me in creating a calculated column that is a running total of volume? I have two tables

- Receipt Table (Original table)

- RawPVM table (summarized the receipt table to get unique combinations of product codes and month/year

I summed the volume from the receipt table in a calculated column in the RawPVM table. I would like to calculate a running total of this aggregated sum by product code and month/year. Does anyone know how to do this? The values i'm getting aren't matching what i'm expecting to see as the current month is being excluded. For example:

murphm6_0-1684944588828.png

In this example - i would expect the 'Rolling 12 Month Sum' column for 2/1/16 to have a value of 23800

Then 4/1/16 should be 30600, etc..

any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@murphm6 This shows how to create a running total:

And this one shows a rolling average, just replace AVERAGEX with SUMX:

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hey Greg, 

That method doesn't consider the product code when doing the running total - i would like to have the running total be for the aggregate sum by code and date, not the total for the whole table

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.