Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wosscr
Frequent Visitor

Roll Rate Analysis - DAX Help

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to implement a Roll Rate analysis with Power BI, but I'm facing some challenges with the DAX measures to make it dynamic.

In concept, I want to replicate this:

https://www.listendata.com/2019/09/roll-rate-analysis.html

I want to use a matrix visual to show 30 days buckets and distribute the customers on them depending on what their status is. The rows represent the previous period (week or month) and the columns represent the current period (week or month)

db1.png

I have a snapshot table that includes the status of each customer by the end of every day, the challenge I have is basically to create a dynamic calculation that helps me to put a customer on once specific cell. 

I've been playing with this for days, but I haven't find a way to just use the matrix visual without creating columns or tables with the buckets, but thats where I get lost as I need the calculation to be dynamic. The user may select one specific week to see what the status was.

Any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wosscr
Frequent Visitor

I ended up doing a calculation of some extra columns to determine the datediff between the periods I needed and then creating some measures to dynamically calculate the roll rates.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to create roll rate calculation in power bi dax

Anonymous
Not applicable

kindly provide  detailed solution for creating  roll rate analysis

wosscr
Frequent Visitor

I ended up doing a calculation of some extra columns to determine the datediff between the periods I needed and then creating some measures to dynamically calculate the roll rates.

Hello @wosscr, i am in dire need of needing to solve this exact issue, but its hard to explain, which leads to no resolution.  

Can you share more details on how you resolved this??

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

please provide sanitized sample data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.