Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

codyraptor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Roll Forward Calculation

I have the following data:
Vendor ID, Load Date, Expiration Date.  I need a distinct count of vendor ID's.  New = 'min load date' where expiration date null or > than selected month.  Exp is 'max exp date' where expiration date is <= selected month.

I've tried a summarize function...generate a table.  I can do this in SQL..but I think I'm overthinking it with Dax.

VendorLoad DateExp Date Expected Results…"Distinct Count of Vendor":
1Jan-20   StartNewExpEnd
1Feb-20Mar-20 Jan3303
2Jan-20  Feb3003
3Mar-20Apr-20 Mar3104
4Jan-20Jan-20 Apr4022
4Mar-20Apr-20   New = 'min load date'
4Apr-20Apr-20   Exp = 'max exp date' 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@codyraptor ,

I'm afraid dynamic calculate table is not supported in power bi, so you couldn't generate such a table based on the slicer selection.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This is great information.  However...I'm running into 1 snag.  My rows are not unique 1 load date..and or 1 expiration date.

Another words...
Vendor '123' could have a load date of Jan & Feb & etc..   The 'min date grouped by Ven 123' would represent their 'start date'

Vendor '123' could have a 'blank' and an expiration date.  I only want to count the expiration date if a null doesn't not exist on any row for that vendor id.  If blank exists..then it's not truly expired.   In the case 'all rows' are expired for the VEN 123..then I want the 'max expiration date'...

@codyraptor ,

I'm afraid dynamic calculate table is not supported in power bi, so you couldn't generate such a table based on the slicer selection.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.