Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anvikuttu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ribbon chart to show both value and percentage.

Hi Team,

Below are 2 ribbon charts. Chart A is plotted with values and Chart B shows the same values in percentage of the catogories.

Both the charts are correct in its own way, however i want to show only one chart ie. Chart A but the label should show both values and percentage of the categories. like for eg 5,721(40%). I tried using Dax Studio, failed miserably. 

Could anybody help me with this problem?

Thank you.

Chart A

anvikuttu_0-1620240575497.png

Chart (B)

anvikuttu_1-1620240604525.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have had some success with the Charticulator but just playing around with it. Nothing done in anger yet.

Its an inellegant solution but I have had success with overlaying one chart on another with the transparency set to 100% other than key parts. Its not great but I try to stay away from third party visuals after getting burnt a few times.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, I dont believe there is a way to achieve what you are looking for. The closest would be to put the other measure in the tooltips so users would see it on hover.

Thanks for your quick reply @samdthompson 

Yes, as you rightly confirmed my thought that there is no direct solution as there is no control on Y axis, i was looking more on out of box solution.

1. Can the new Charticulator in Power BI desktop help to recreate a ribbon chart from scratch?

2. Is there any other chart which helps on this requirement?

Thank you.

I have had some success with the Charticulator but just playing around with it. Nothing done in anger yet.

Its an inellegant solution but I have had success with overlaying one chart on another with the transparency set to 100% other than key parts. Its not great but I try to stay away from third party visuals after getting burnt a few times.

Wish there was an alternative solution. I am are too pampered by the flexibility of excel, that i see new products from Microsoft through the lens of excel.

I am looking through the same lenses as you at the moment. So far alot of things are harder to do / not supported in BI that were done in excel native visualization utilizing power query, and power pivot. So far the only benefit for the move to BI for me is ease of hosting and drilling into the data on the front end. I was ok coding my line axis to work with a pareto but not being able to have a bar/line graph with line on seperate axis is a bit of an eye roll

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.