Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jprescott71

Revolving Credit Facility

I need to take forecasted cash flows (incoming receipts and outgoing payments) and need to model any potential borrowings or paydowns of a Revolving Credit Facility.

Has anyone ever done this? I keep running into circularity issues as each day's Beginning RCF Balance is dependent on the Ending RCF Balance column, which is dependent on calculations in several columns, including the Beginning RCF Balance for that day.

2 REPLIES 2
jprescott71

The borrowings/paydowns will be based on the forecasted daily cash flows (which will change every time we run the model) and a minimum threshold and maximum threshold that sets when and how much to borrow / pay down. I'm not sure I can create a closed form formula for that.

Any advice?

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jprescott71 ,

Dax is not good at handling recursive problems, Please check the post below to see if you can derive the formula further.

Recursion in DAX

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.