Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

epelton
Frequent Visitor

Return only filtered rows

I am struggling to understand how to limit rows returned based on user selection. I am displaying a matrix with WBS1 as the row. The table on the right below is filtered by user "period" (which is a date) selection from the right table. That works correctly. If the user selects a 6/20/2022 for instance, two rows from the right table are returned. However, if I include a field from the left table, "Target Multiple" for instance, all rows are returned, ignoring the user period selection.

epelton_0-1680289382640.png

I want to include only rows in the left table that match the right table WBS1s that are returned - like an inner join in other words.

The Matrix without Target Multiple...

epelton_1-1680290420154.png

The Matrix with Target Multiple...

epelton_2-1680290633377.png

I tried using IF(NOT ISBLANK([Gross Rev]), [Target Multiple]), which diplays the two rows as desired in the matrix, but the total still inlcudes all rows from the underlying source. This wouldn't be a good solution anyway though becuase there will be many columns from the right table, not just gross revenue, that would have to be checked.

epelton_0-1680290239135.png

1 REPLY 1
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

I think with the join in place you could use a measure SELECTEDVALUE('table'[column name]) on the side of the join you only wnat values from.

if that doesn't work and you have a dataset or pbix file i'd be happy to take a look

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.