Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

epelton
Frequent Visitor

Return only filtered rows

I am struggling to understand how to limit rows returned based on user selection. I am displaying a matrix with WBS1 as the row. The table on the right below is filtered by user "period" (which is a date) selection from the right table. That works correctly. If the user selects a 6/20/2022 for instance, two rows from the right table are returned. However, if I include a field from the left table, "Target Multiple" for instance, all rows are returned, ignoring the user period selection.

epelton_0-1680289382640.png

I want to include only rows in the left table that match the right table WBS1s that are returned - like an inner join in other words.

The Matrix without Target Multiple...

epelton_1-1680290420154.png

The Matrix with Target Multiple...

epelton_2-1680290633377.png

I tried using IF(NOT ISBLANK([Gross Rev]), [Target Multiple]), which diplays the two rows as desired in the matrix, but the total still inlcudes all rows from the underlying source. This wouldn't be a good solution anyway though becuase there will be many columns from the right table, not just gross revenue, that would have to be checked.

epelton_0-1680290239135.png

1 REPLY 1
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

I think with the join in place you could use a measure SELECTEDVALUE('table'[column name]) on the side of the join you only wnat values from.

if that doesn't work and you have a dataset or pbix file i'd be happy to take a look

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.