Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Return different formats in the same calculation group

Hello everyone, 

I was using a calculation group to return the following table. In order to be able to show different types of numbers (entire and percentage). I used the FORMAT function inside each calculation item to return the correct format. 

oldCG.PNG

However, since the last update of Power BI, using the format inside a calculation group broke my other graphs ( bar and line charts 😕 ). 

The solution that I have thought is to create to measure formatted as percentage and another as a whole number and then apply the calculation group to one of them and use the other one inside the calculation items where I needed to display %  

For instance, I'll apply the calculation group to a metric that is formatted as an whole number and inside the growth calculation items, I'll use the the percentage formatted metric 

metricCG.PNG        growthCalItem.PNG

However, this doesn't seem to work as shown bellow 

wrongResult.PNG

Could you please let me know if my solution is even possible or if there is another way to format my growth calculation items in percentage and display borth types in the same table

Thank you very much,

Mariem,

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have made some test with the February Version of PBI and did not loose any formatting with calculation groups.

Can you share how you have used the format option on the calculation group? I just formatted each of the options within the format string expression directly without any format.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @MFelix 

It seems that it's a bug and they have fixed it on the desktop version but not on the web services.

I guess i'll not change anything and wait for them to update 

Regards,

Mariem

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.