Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Report Not Rendering

For some time now, I've been having problems with PowerBI crashing and then, after restarting it, the report pages no longer load.  The data files, data model, and relationships are all there, but no report pages - it's on a blank Page 1.  Now I've noticed something unusual about the pbix file that is "trashed".  I can make a copy of an exisitng pbix and it gets today's date/time as the date/time created and also modified.  If PowerBI "crashes and trashes" the file, it retains today's date/time for date modified, but the creation date/time goes all the way back to the original file creation date.  When I try to reload it, the file looks like it did just after importing the data but before creating any report pages (although any data updates since the creation date are retained).  This tells me that somehow, the report thinks its back at the beginning.  My question is two-fold:

1. Any reason why this is happening?

2. Any way to get the report pages back working again?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
nikil
Resolver I
Resolver I

This is interesting. I have not come across this issue before. Do you see any error messages at all ?

Check out Chicagoland Power BI User Group

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, I will occassionally get an "Out of Memory" message or some other failure message.  On other occassions, I just get a Windows problem message and "application has to close" with a Debug and Close box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.