Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ironryan77
Advocate II
Advocate II

Renamed column header errors in January Update

All of my renamed column headers in my PBIX file are causing the affected charts/tables to display the below error every time I open up my PBIX file in Power BI Desktop.  This error never happened prior to the Jan. 09, 2017 Power BI update.  What is the fix or workaround for this?  Has anybody else seen this?  So every time I open or reopen this PBIX file, I have to reinsert these renamed column headers and then rename these column headers in the Fields panel.

column field error.jpgcolumn field error details.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
RoryNBi
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm getting the same problem.  I'm able to reintroduce the fields, but every time I open the pbix it falls over again.

Did you get anywhere with this?

No, this is still a problem for us.  I haven't heard back from Microsoft.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ironryan77

I haven't reproduced your issue. Can you try to re-create those visuals?

If it still doesn't work, please you share your .pbix with sample data if possible.

Regards,

These columns are named the same as other columns, except for one additional space at the end.  e.g. One column is called "2016 Avg Yield" and another is called "2016 Avg Yield ".  I'm sure that if you create two columns like this in your PBIX file, close BI Desktop, and reopen this file that you will see the same behavior.  Can you do this and tell me what happens in your file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.