Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Relationships

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me why it is not working for me the relationship between the bars (Cluster column chart)  and the Package ID in the summary table I got below the chart? Please see attached PBI file.

PBI File_Relationships 

Many thanks,

Andres Torres

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @SantiagoTorres ,

There can be 'n' number of inactive relationships between tables but only one active relationship can be there.

The filter context works on active relationship.

Cheers,
Shishir

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @SantiagoTorres ,

There can be 'n' number of inactive relationships between tables but only one active relationship can be there.

The filter context works on active relationship.

Cheers,
Shishir
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @SantiagoTorres ,

1. When you click on the above bar chart it is the Date month which gets filtered not the packege id. 

2. The active relationship is between Date and Approvals_Actual which means if you are selecting any bar, its corresponding date month is filtering Approval_actual and hence it is returning blank.

3. The date should be mapped to curresponding date feild in your Procurement Pck Plan table and it should be active. For example I have mapped Date with Design_planned column which is date and turned at active and it is working fine.

Shishir22_0-1653029722457.png

Shishir22_0-1653029924185.png

Read more about relationships- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships

Please mark it as answer if it resolves your issue. Kudos are also appreciated.

Cheers,
Shishir

Hi @Shishir22, thanks for your response,

But I dont understand something; the relationship should be the [DATE] column I have calculated, with all the columns dates I got in the datasheet; otherwise, as you said is going to work just with one variable at a time, that's not what I'm looking for. Am I correct?

In other words, as you can see in the PBI file, every bar in the chart is related to a different set of dates; can you see that?

Thanks,

Andres

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.