Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nford
Regular Visitor

Relationships Tab shows up Blank Black Screen

Hi, I am running PBI Desktop on a Dell XPS 15. I can only see a blank black screen when navigation to the Relationships tab. This  workbook has multiple data sources. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. Any idea what's happening?

2018-02-23 11_28_51-Program Manager.png

5 REPLIES 5
francoso_mauri

I was facing the same issue. I tried a couple of things like reinstall Power BI, restart the computer and I was not able to solve.

So I openned the "Run app" and typed "temp" and permanently removed all files from my temp directory. I returned to "Run app" and typed "%temp%" and also permanently removed all files from this other temp directory.

Following I restarted the computer and everything was ok again.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nford,

Seems you had an old version of Power BI. Please upgrade to the latest version: 2.55.5010.641 (February 2018) and try again.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale, I upgraded the version and still am seeing the issue. Please let me know what else can be done to resolve this.

Thanks,

Hi @nford,

Quite weird. What will happen if you open the Power BI from the shortcut? If it's OK, I would suggest you create a new file. If it's broken too, I would suggest your file support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Does manage relationships dialog show up? OK?

What about a new powerbi just add a single Query?

I would also try and test on another pc and if possible a different version of powerbi.

I noticed my relationships screen is black first like yours then turns gray when it puts the queries in.

You may need to log a support ticket for this one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.