Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kieran-q_20
Helper I
Helper I

Relationship Problems

Hi Everyone, 

I'm ruining into an odd problem when creating a report in PowerBI. I have to tables, DRE and SVTDATA, Commected through a relationship (Pictured Below)

Power BI Sep.PNG

However, this relationship does not seem to be working effectively. The tables are connected through Material. Material is a number that is unique in the SVTData table. SVTDATA holds the "Standard costs" Column. This column is critical for displaying DRE reports. My problem occurs when i wish to display the data, Even though the two tables are connected through a relationship, When i try to display the data via the DRE table, the calculation is not correct.  In excel the report displays "Cost Per" which is a vlookup into the SVTData file. I wanted to bypass this entirely by creating a relationship. However the display is not the same. 

This is how it looks in Excel with the Vlookup

Powerbb.PNG

And this is how it looks in PowerBI

PBB.PNG

The excel format is correct but i am unsure how to recreate it in PowerBI

1 REPLY 1
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kieran-q_20 ,

What does your measure look like in the matrix table?

Please provide some example data and what the result you want for this example data.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.