Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RLSid17
Helper III
Helper III

Relate 1 column from multiple list

Hi,

I'm creating a report for survey responses. I have a column that is named "Manager" and there is 9 SP list that shares the same column. Is there a way to relate the column "Manager" so I can filter out all the 9 SP lists? I know it would be easier to create 1 list with all the managers and just relate to each, but I want to know if it is possible to relate from the 9 lists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Repeated failure to provide the requested info wastes your time and ourtime. ☹️

I have closed this ticket. Please raise a new ticket with the request infomation.

Thank you

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Hi RLSid17

If you click on your profile and then click on mine then you can judge who has the more experience and who is the most helpful.

Super Users are unpaid volunteers, who give up their time to help novices like yourself.

I've have helped 100s of novices and I want to help you but I can't help you if you dont provide the required the information.

Please look at solved problems in the forum and see how most novices provide an example copy of all the tables and an example of the desired output.

Your problem description about wanting to slice a report by Manager makes no sense at all.

Try speak to your supervisor who might be able to taech you who to write functional requirments and problem descriptions clearly with examples. 

This problem is NOW closed! 

Stop wasiting time arguing and please just knuckle down and raise a new ticket with the requested info and I will be happy to help you. Perhaps ask you supervisor or collegue to check it before posting it.

Look forward to helping you soon.

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Repeated failure to provide the requested info wastes your time and ourtime. ☹️

I have closed this ticket. Please raise a new ticket with the request infomation.

Thank you

Wow. This is the first time I am experiencing this. I'm not here to waste you or anyones time I just want to know what specific information you want as this is literally my only query. I have already given my details and visualization but you proceeded to close apparently this "ticket" not post. Anyways I will do just that.

speedramps
Super User
Super User

We want to help you but your description is too vaugue. Please write it again clearly. ☹️

If you really want my help then

Provide example input data as table text (not a screen print) so we can import the data to build a solution for you.
Also provide the example desired output, with a clear description of the process flow.

Vaugue descriptions can waste your time and ourtime.

Remember we are upaid volunteers.

Make an effort to p[rovide crystal clear data examples.
You will get a quick response if you put time and effort into writing clear problem descriptions.

Look foward to helping you when the above information is forthcoming. ok 😀😀

Ok, let me provide some visualization. I have here below a report in which each of them are of separate list. Each of those list have the column "Manager".

Is there a way to connect or relate that column so if I put it in a slicer, it would filter all of the lists?

RLSid17_0-1666434257508.png

I'm not sure what else you want me to give as this is only my query:

List 1: Manager column
List 2: Manager column
List 3: Manager column
List 4: Manager column
List 5: Manager column

So I have this multiple lists in which they have the column "Manager".

Is there a way to relate all of them so I could make a slicer so that when the manager is selected it would only show the data from all of the lists for that specific manager?

speedramps
Super User
Super User

We want to help you but your description is too vaugue. Please write it again clearly.

Provide example input data as table text (not a screen print) so we can import the data to build a solution for you.
Also provide the example desired output, with a clear description of the process flow.

Remember not to share private data ... we don't want you to get into trouble. 😧

Take care to use the same table and field names in the input, output and description so we can understand your problem and help you.

You will get a quick response if you put time and effort into writing clear problem descriptions.

Vaugue descriptions can waste your time and ourtime.

Look foward to helping you when the above information is forthcoming

Apologies for the vague description, this is noted. Please see below:

List 1: Manager column
List 2: Manager column
List 3: Manager column
List 4: Manager column
List 5: Manager column

So I have this multiple lists in which they have the column "Manager".

Is there a way to relate all of them so I could make a slicer so that when the manager is selected it would only show the data from all of the lists for that specific manager?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.