Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Refresh historical data + weekly

Greetings to all,

I've tried to look for something similar but can't find it on the forum.

My case starts with an excel file, for example until 20/11/23 since 2019, what I want is to increase the data as the weeks go by (weekly). I have the file in excel format, and that's what I want to upload to POWER BI.

I want to add the data and have it take data only from 11/21/23 to today and merge to the path where my dashboard is fed.

I've seen some of RangeStar and RangeEnd, but I don't think that's the problem that's happening to me.

The goal is to pass it on to the business area and for them, without much experience in this, to add the data from the 21st and automatically join through a pipeline that they create, because the data cleansing is already done.

Has anyone found themselves in the same situation who can help me?

Thank you very much in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I mean change table ddbb_cleaned >> possibledata, it has both the same columns and values, how could I do it ?

Thank you

ingest all relevant files in that folder, then expand the columns which will automatically append the content.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I have already found the possible temporary solution, and that is to address everything to a local folder (until there is a source of data in the cloud), and add or remove as the months go by, the best thing is to delete one and put another in its place and so it updates itself.
What I don't know how to do is change all the charts from one table to another, without having to go one by one. Here is an example.

The structure of tables are the same, they have the same columns (name and number)

migueldfr_0-1701332194007.png

Very simple - use a folder connector instead of trying to connect to each file individually.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI has no memory* . You need to manage your snapshots in the upstream system.

* Yes, there is the self referencing option but that has no safety net.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors