Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AmyJPBI
Frequent Visitor

Refresh error in service but not desktop

Hi,

**Update i have found this is only a problem with sharepoint 2.0 connector if that helps.

I have a dataset in the service that recently failed and said it couldn't find a column. When I opened it in desktop and refreshed, it worked. I could see the column that the service said wasn't there (even though it wasn't loaded into the model). I had no errors in the desktop. A week later, the desktop gave me the same error. To resolve it, I had to go to the query, and add in the 'missing' column it was looking for, from the column list and load it in. Now it is working in the service again.

Please bare in mind this is a sharepoint list. It has had one new row added since it failed but no column headers were edited. Does anyone know how that could have happened?

Thanks,

Amy

3 REPLIES 3
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

To my knowledge, you will not get this specific error unless the column name has changed. Is it possible someone else changed a column name? The other thing that will break it is renaming the SP list, which is really easy to accidentally do nowadays (you can edit it in-line on the view...), but I think that gives a different error. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AmyJPBI , This happens when one column got renamed or removed. And that column is used in next steps

Yes but no column headers were removed or edited

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.