Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reformatting Rows Separately

Hi All,

I've created a report with various Balance Sheet line imems. One of the visualizations is the highlights for Assets. I've created a matrix table with 3 columns (I converted them from rows), inclusive of "Previous Period", "Current Period", and "% Change". While I would like to retain the periods as $ formats, I would ideally make the % chage in % form. Given that the data's set up as rows (I'm well aware of the limitations, but think there are positives to this structure), I am unable to solely change the one set of variables. 

I'm wondering if someone can be of help, utilizing the below images.

Assets Matrix.pngAssets Sample Data.png

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You might enter into Query Editor, click on the column [Time Period], go to Transform-> Pivot Column, then this [Time Period] column can be converted into three column [Current Period], [Previous Period] and [% Change]. You can then click on [% Change] to format it in "%" .

79.png

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip, Amy! Unfortunately, given the importance of the other columns as individual variables, the transformation option is not viable as it removes the other variables' individuality and headers. I initially attempted to pivot the data, to no avail due to the null values.

I then attempted to transpose the column, which had the afformention outcome of not allowing individuality on the sought variables/variable heads.

Are there alternstive solutions?

@

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.