Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasRichard
Helper I
Helper I

Reference a Text Cell as a filter for Summarized Table

Hi all,

I am working with football GPS data. Each row of my data base is a Player Name, a Date, and hundreds of different metrics.

I would like to create a summarized table for total values of one metric per Week (Weekly microcycle). I can get these values to show easily on a table viz with slicers, but I need it as a table to use these numbers for further calculations.

The selected week is "Weekly Microcycle" , a personalized period added in my Date Table (it's not the Week number of that year). I can get the data to show correctly with the following filter (c.f. image):

Weekly Targets = CALCULATETABLE(
    SUMMARIZE(
    'Training Raw','Training Raw'[Name],
"Total Total Distance",SUM('Training Raw'[Total Distance]
)),
'Training Raw'[Period Name]="Team Session",
'Date'[Weekly Microcycles]="W04"
)

My problem: I want to be able to change "W04" manually and easily. For that, I guess I have to reference another cell, that I can modify manually on excel. Again, I managed to do that if I am referencing a number Value (I tried with Filtering by year, and I can reference an imported excel Cell that just show a year value).

My problem here is that W04 is not a number, so I don't know how to reference a cell containing this text.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Kindly

Thomas

Screenshot 2024-02-22 101210.png

2 REPLIES 2
ThomasRichard
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak thanks a lot for your answer.

I get it that I can't use a slicer, and I actually don't want my table to change depending on page slicers (I can do it to get the visual, but it's not what I need).

I want to use the table data for further calculations, and have a few values that I want to change easily, without going back to the code of the table. I found a way to do it with numerical values (reference to a created value from a simple imported table where I can enter data easily), but not with text.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ThomasRichard , Tables can not be dynamic. This means you can NOT use a filter and slicer.

So better to create a measure and use that with Name in the table visual. You can use a slicer for Weekly Motorcycles, no need to add that to measure

calculate(Sum(Table[Total Distance]) , filter(Table, Table[Period Session]= "Team Session") )  

//Use the correct table and columns

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.