Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TiddlyWinks

Reference Labels - Public Preview bugs

Hi all,

My file with bugs is attached:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z86n17nks1ot0iqlg63v3/KPI-Reference-Labels-Testing.pbix?rlkey=j0eildo...

Just started to try out the new reference labels, just want to say thanks to Miguel and the MS team as this is great new feature and I can't wait to try!  But on testing I have found it to be quite buggy.  Here are the issues I'm experiencing:

Title content selector is greyed out, when I hover over it message appears to say I need to select an individual label, can't be applied to all.  However, as you can see in the screen shot, the series "sales" is already selected.

TiddlyWinks_0-1700475825703.png

This is the same for the "detail" section, I cannot enter data as it is greyed out. 

TiddlyWinks_1-1700476214023.png

The above issue is titled "bug 1" in the attached file

TiddlyWinks_2-1700476591962.png

This is actually the second time trying the reference label out, the first visual was so buggy I just deleted it and started again.  2 reference labels were showing but I only had 1 measure in the "add label" section and if I tried to turn off and on the title and value the sliders were unresponsive.  I actually managed to reproduce this bug, the visual is titled "bug 2" in the attached file.  I happened when I added a reference label, changed some settings under "value", added a "detail" measure and then I removed the label from the "revenue" series.  As you can see the title and value switch is now unresponsive.

TiddlyWinks_3-1700476761387.png

Thanks,

Tim

1 REPLY 1
123abc
Community Champion
Community Champion

It looks like you've encountered some issues while testing the new reference labels feature in Power BI. While I can't directly access files or images, I can provide some general advice on how to approach these types of issues.

1. Title Content Selector and Detail Section Issues:

• Ensure that the data field or measure you want to use for the title content selector and detail section is selected appropriately.
    • Double-check that there are no filters or restrictions preventing the selection.
  2. Bug 1 - Unresponsive Sliders:

• When encountering unresponsive sliders, try refreshing the visual or restarting Power BI to see if it resolves the issue.
    • Confirm that there are no conflicting settings or configurations that might be causing the problem.
  3. Bug 2 - Unresponsive Title and Value Switch:

• Replicating the bug is a crucial step in identifying the root cause. Try to isolate the specific actions or sequence of steps that trigger the unresponsiveness.
    • Check if the issue persists when using different data or measures.
  4. Feedback and Reporting:

• Since this feature is in public preview, it's expected to have some bugs. Consider providing feedback to Microsoft through the appropriate channels. This can help them improve the feature and address the issues you've encountered.
  5. Community and Forums:

• Visit Power BI community forums to see if others are experiencing similar issues. Microsoft's forums are a great place to discuss problems, share insights, and learn from the community.
  6. Updates and Release Notes:

• Keep an eye on Power BI updates and release notes. Microsoft regularly releases updates that may include bug fixes and improvements.

Remember, it's common for preview features to have some issues, and your feedback can play a crucial role in improving the overall stability and functionality. If the problems persist, reaching out to Microsoft support or community forums would be beneficial.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In case there is still a problem, please feel free and explain your issue in detail, It will be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.