Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reduce Data size in pbix...

hi all,

i saw a video guide (Guy in a Cube) link below, he guide to reduce size of data by unchecking an option File -> Options and Settings -> Options then under CURRENT FILE -> Data Load under Time Intelligence -> Auto Date/Time done. checked and it works to reduce the data size.

Link to video guide 

i want to ask about is there any impact on Time Intelligence related queries / views etc. AND
please advise in what situations we can or cannot uncheck this option?
regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Once you uncheck all Default Date Hierarchies will go away. You will not [Date].Year or [Date].month etc

You have to use a new column year([Date])

I personally create a date table with all columns I need and add a custom hierarchy as per need .

You should be able to use most of the time intelligence function without date hierarchy. You can use excat columns if needed

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Once you uncheck all Default Date Hierarchies will go away. You will not [Date].Year or [Date].month etc

You have to use a new column year([Date])

I personally create a date table with all columns I need and add a custom hierarchy as per need .

You should be able to use most of the time intelligence function without date hierarchy. You can use excat columns if needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @amitchandak  it means we can un-check this option before loading data to reduce the data size? or i misunderstood ?

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, then i will un-check that opiton to reduce data size and use new column year([Date]) for most of the requirements.

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.