Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

theferret
Frequent Visitor

Really Dumb ALL question

I have a page with a filter on it where Datetable[Actual]="Yes". this limits the data to todays date

However I want ot count how many days are in the month chosen in totla so I wrote this expecting it to ignore the page filter and count 31 days in July.  However it doenst work and still producing 27 as its the 27th today.  I have no idea why this doesn't work as counldnt be any simpler? 

Total Days in Period = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(DateTable),ALL(DateTable[Actual]))

Any clues as seems ot be text book way to do this? Sadly modle is enormous so cant post it.   If I click off the page filter it calcuates 31 so sure notihng lese is filtering as well

Thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @theferret ,

Is the page filter that you are applying constitues of [Actual] Column? If that's a yes, so it should work.

If no, you will have to bring in the column name being used in your filter for this visual.

It is a column in the Datetable titled [Actual] and 100% sure my page filter is using the same field

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have tried to replicate your issue and it works fine for me.

See below:

PC2790_1-1658932794745.png

[Actual] is a calculated column similar to what you described:

Actual = 
if('DateTable'[Date] <= TODAY(),"Yes","No")

Let me know if I am missing from this sample.

Yup I have no idea why it doenst work as seems obvious?  i've moved the page filter otthe visuals as only solution. Bit wierd, but thnaks for looking at this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.