Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

H_Kar
Regular Visitor

Ratio

Hey Guys ! 

I'm trying to display a metric showing a ration. For example assume we have fields such as Active - Innactive - Completed - Cancelled - Finished. 

my objective is to display finsihed/Active - Innactive - Completed - Cancelled. 

How can I do that on power bi desktop ?  
many thanks in advance ! 

5 REPLIES 5
H_Kar
Regular Visitor

Yes here is a screenshot of the error message when I put ratio1 under values along count of status.Screenshot 2024-05-14 132610.png

dk_dk
Super User
Super User

Hi @H_Kar ,

Assuming your data looks like this:

dk_dk_0-1715677973216.png

You can write the following measure to calculate the ratio:

Ratio = 

VAR finished = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table'),'Table'[status]="Finished")
VAR other = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table'),'Table'[status] IN {"Inactive","Cancelled","Active","Completed"})

RETURN
DIVIDE(finished,other,0)

Here I assumed that you want to calculate finished to all other statuses. If you want to calculate Active minus inactive minus completed minus calcelled, then you will just need to create multiple variables similar to the "finished" variable and then write the desired calculation in the return statement.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

H_Kar
Regular Visitor

Screenshot 2024-05-14 132610.pngHi @dk_dk 

First of all, really appreciate you helping out. 

I've new measure and inserted the code you wrote, now I have it on my data (on the far right side) as "ratio1". 

My objective is to visualise it now - on the value I have "count of the status". Where does "ratio 1" go. I've given it several attempts however I unfortunately failed. 

here is a screenshot of the error message when i try to put it under "values"

Hi @H_Kar 

Does the measure show a calculation if you just add it to a card visual on its own, without any other fields added to the Values section?

Hi @H_Kar 

You can visualise the measure by adding it to a card visual (as seen on my screenshot), a table, or another chart in the values section. It would help if you can provide a screenshot to figure out what is not working. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.