Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrNico28
Regular Visitor

RLS Issue with shared dataset

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue due to implemmenting the RLS in one of my datasets.

I have the "A" Dataset, published in the "1A" workspace.

The access for this "1A" workspace is exclusive for me the admin and the directors board. Here we have all the datasets that we have in our PBI enviroment.

From this workspace, we share the datasets to different workspaces. We have a workspace for every department in our company (Sales, accounting, marketing, logistics, etc.)

MrNico28_2-1617815151390.png

When I start the RLS in the "A" Dataset, 3 roles where created, and I assigned an email with pro license for every role. But, after publishing this dataset to the "1A" workspace, the other workspaces cannot see any data from any dashboard connnected to that shared dataset.

MrNico28_1-1617815028415.png

Me as the owner of the dataset and PBI admin, don't have any trouble looking the data, and if I enter to the other workspaces, I can see all the data in the dashboards created from the shared dataset without any problem.

I was looking for a solution here in the forum, and one was to share the access to the workspace "1A" to the user, bur I can't do that due to all the datasets with confidential information are in this workspace, with viewer access they can see al the dashboards and datasets of this workspace, but they still can't see the information in their reports. But if I gave them member access, then they can see the data as normal.

Please, help me to understand if I have to add an RLS role to the remaining users that shoudln't have any restriction to the data. Or any other solution will be very welcomed.

Thanks for your attention

Looking forward for your help

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrNico28 ,

Try to remove the users from the dataset permissions and report access, and share it again from the report UI.

Then on the report access and the dataset permission management pages, make sure that the users have access to the dataset and report.

image.pngimage.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.