Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

fireflyxxoo
Frequent Visitor

RLS - Admin View

Hello,

I am trying to set up a RLS for the admin view. I was able to successfully create a view for the people are in the dataset but I am struglging to create a top view.

I am looking to create a total view for couple people only who do not appear in the dataset.

I need to have this security done within the app, I know about the option to do it in a published version. I need to replicate exactly that in a dekstop version.

Also, I do not want to add a new column to the dataset. I am okay creating a new table that has people's names.

Any recommendations?

2 REPLIES 2
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

if by admin view, you mean they can see everything, then create an admin role in the desktop, and on the same table you use for the other role, use the DAX expression of true.  Publish, then in the service, add the folks to the admin role, and share the report with them.

blopez11_0-1663278632183.png

Thanks for your contribution, but as I mentioned earlier I need to find a work around that practically 😅 Is there another way to do it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.