Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

LeonLi
Regular Visitor

RELATED and LOOKUPVALUE Functions Issues in Limited/Weak Relationship

Hi,

I have created a power bi report that imported a table from a semantic model (i.e 'Bills', say table A), plus an import of csv file locally (i.e 'BillApprovalAuditReport', say table B), which basically forms a composite model with limited relationship between two table.

Screenshot (15).png

I would like to add a new column in table A by getting "Bill Approved Date Time" column data from table B, based on the same "billid" (refer to underlined marks) in both tables.

However, I tried both RELATED() and LOOKUPVALUE() functions, none of them worked.

Error 1

Screenshot (16).png

Error 2

Screenshot (18).png

Does anyone one know there would be an alternative solutions so that I can retrieve a column from another table please?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LeonLi , Can create new column like

New Column in Table 1=

Sumx(Filter(Table2, Table2[ID] = Table1[ID]  ) , Table2[Value])

or

New Column in Table 1=

Sumx(Filter(Table2, Table2[ID] = Table1[ID] && Table1[Date]>= Table2[Strat Date] && Table1[Date] <= Table2[End Date] ) , Table2[Value])

refer 4 ways (related, relatedtable, lookupvalue, sumx/minx/maxx with filter) to copy data from one table to another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu1mWxR23jU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czNHt7UXIe8

Hi, 

Thank you for your answers, but it seems the same error occurs after I used SUMX function.

Screenshot (19).png

Since [billid] and [Api Billid] column is a combination of numbers and letters so they're TEXT data type , and [Bill Approved Date Time] column is DATE/TIME data type, I'm not sure if I could use SUMX function to retrieve non-numeric values in this case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.