Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cleytonp
Helper I
Helper I

RANKX with customizable variable

Hello everyone, I'm trying to create a dynamic ranking with variables.

I currently have a table with category and total and it has a measure that shows the ranking of each one.

cleytonp_0-1714873087644.png

However, I have an option to select values ​​in the case of categories, which must add up, for example if I select the category or multiple categories, the original rank will dynamically update according to the selected one.

cleytonp_1-1714873546664.png

here the file with data and measures i used.

pbix gdrive 

8 REPLIES 8
cleytonp
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @lbendlin.
The case is to update this table with A + C + E + F which would give the total value of 16 and would be number 1 in the ranking, looking as follows.

cleytonp_0-1714922807828.png

How can do this?

cleytonp_1-1714923014033.png

In other words, the ranking remains the original and the selected categories become a variable adding the name of the category and the value it has in each one

Hi @cleytonp 

In order for those combined category to appear based on the slicer selection, they need to physically exist first in your which means that there should be a column in your model showing all the possible combinations of those categories.  Example:

danextian_0-1715148248534.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Adding the same data to the same visual twice is a design red flag.  Don't do it.  Use separate visuals (as you already did)

@lbendlin I don't understand, because the idea is to add it to the table where the visual already exists, that is, I keep the table and reorder it according to the selectable.

cleytonp_0-1714925084857.png

This is the final result that I expect in the case you mentioned with the selected options, that is, I add the sum of each selected category, this way it is top 1 in the ranking.

If I do not select any item, the table continues without changing the ranking, as follows.

cleytonp_1-1714925523173.png

However, if I select an item it must be iterated and added to its total and moved to a new position in the ranking, example image below.

cleytonp_2-1714925719176.png

I cannot assist you with this request, I don't think that is right. Maybe someone else can help you further.

Thanks for your help @lbendlin.

It really was as far as I got and I wasted a few days on this, I hope someone can help me.
grateful

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You were close

lbendlin_0-1714920488985.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.