Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

shj997
Frequent Visitor

R Query Editor

Is it possible to run statistical models in R query editor so that the output can be put into a new column or table.  For instance, I want to run an ARIMA forecasting model but I want the forecasted values to go into a new column that I can use in Power BI's line chart.  Another example is visualizng summary results from a linear regression like if I wanted to plot the residuals using Power BI scatterplot.  The reason for doing this is gain the interactivity that Power BI visuals have.  R visuals lack this and currently Power BI does not support the Plotly library.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @shj997,

In this scenario, you can run R in the Power BI Desktop Query Editor. This integration of R into Query Editor lets you perform data cleansing using R, and perform advanced data shaping and analytics in datasets, including completion of missing data, predictions, and clustering, just to name a few. For more details about this, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @shj997,

In this scenario, you can run R in the Power BI Desktop Query Editor. This integration of R into Query Editor lets you perform data cleansing using R, and perform advanced data shaping and analytics in datasets, including completion of missing data, predictions, and clustering, just to name a few. For more details about this, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors