Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pconridge
Frequent Visitor

Producing multiple reports within a paginated report based on parameter selections.

I have a working paginated report that allows a teacher to select a student and view tables of data from different datasets within a powerbi semantic model data source.

However I havent been able to adapt it to allow multiple values (student names) to be selected within the paramter.  I want users to be able to generate separate reports for each selected student, each containing the same layout but with data specific to that student, and with a page break between each report.

Is this possible?

Any tips hugely appreciated.

I have tried:

Adding the tick to allow multiple values on the parameter and updating each dataset filter to this (0).  I only see the one student.

I have tried building the report by inserting a list, adding groups and pagebreaks.  But still only one student is shown and lists dont work with multiple datasets (according to ChatGpt).  

2 REPLIES 2
pconridge
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @v-yifanw-msft .  I have been carefully though the Microsoft Learn website, watched many many youtube videos but I am still stuck.  Could you give me an idea of what to search for, some tips on what i should be trying.

As you can see in the screen shot attached I have a working paginated report with a parameter that allows teachers to select and view the report for single students.  I now want to adapt it to allow multiple selections with a separate report with page breaks for each student.  

Any tips on ways forward much appreciated.

screenshot.PNG

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pconridge ,

It is indeed possible to create a Power BI paginated report that allows multiple student selections and generates a separate report with page breaks for each student.
For more information you can refer to the following link ( more details in the left filter window) :

What are paginated reports in Power BI? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.