Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Problems in row totals

Good afternoon!!
It is the first time I ask for support here, since I exhausted the ideas I had to find the solution and the time for delivery is just around the corner.
My problem is as follows:

I have created a matrix which is composed of 4 levels in its rows:

Level 1: Category
Level 2: Model Group

Level 3: Model Category
Level 4: Service Object

ccontrerass87_2-1655757475711.png

As the value of the array, I generated a measure that shows the percentage of utilization of each service object (Level 4), which shows the correct value for each unit. However, in the averages of the rest of the levels (Level 1 to level 3), the average it shows is not correct.

In this image (an excel with which I am doing the QA, the values are shown well:

ccontrerass87_0-1655757111864.png

The value of level 3, corresponds to the average of all the objects of level 4, while the value of level 2, corresponds to the average of the elements of level 3 and so on...

However, in the Power Bien array, while the value of the object (level 4) is displayed well, it is not delivering the value of the rest of the levels well:

ccontrerass87_1-1655757335749.png

The measure I am using to calculate the average is as follows:

UT12 = if(isblank([RU12]),blank(), divide(sumx(Cuadro_Utilizacion,[Rango_UT12]), sumx(Cuadro_Utilizacion,[Potencial_UT12]),0))

Please, if someone sees that I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it!

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

RU12 is the cost of acquiring the equipment when it was purchased 12 or more months ago. If the equipment was purchased before 12 months, I should not consider it in the UT12 measure.

I made the change in the measure as indicated, and being only a change of substance and not of form, the results did not vary :c

PBIX attachment with test data and excel file with expected results.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19xETAviKIWw0xAq4WvEU4ok0ni0_cV_-?usp=sharing

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , what is the role of checking isblank([RU12])

Try simply like

UT12 = divide(sumx(Cuadro_Utilizacion,[Rango_UT12]), sumx(Cuadro_Utilizacion,[Potencial_UT12]),0)

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Please do not leave this in the inkwell :c

RU12 is the cost of acquiring the equipment when it was purchased 12 or more months ago. If the equipment was purchased before 12 months, I should not consider it in the UT12 measure.

I made the change in the measure as indicated, and being only a change of substance and not of form, the results did not vary :c

PBIX attachment with test data and excel file with expected results.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19xETAviKIWw0xAq4WvEU4ok0ni0_cV_-?usp=sharing

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.