Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with timezones

Hi, I have a KPI in my report that shows the latest refresh. The problem is that it changes when I publish it to the server, maybe is a problem with the timezone. This are the steps that I've done:

1. Power Query Script:

1.png

2. Power Query Result:

2.png

3. DAX

3.png

4. KPI result (Time is OK):

4.png

5. Server: The tooltip with Data updated is showing the right time, but the KPI in the report has +3 hours.

5.png

Also, the timezone of the Dataset is OK:

milomilo_0-1606494407176.png

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution in Power Query;
Source = DateTimeZone.SwitchZone(DateTimeZone.FixedUtcNow(), -4), #"Converted to Table" = #table(1, {{Source}}), #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", "LastRefreshDate"}}), #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "AsOf", each "As of "&DateTimeZone.ToText([LastRefreshDate], "MM/dd/yyyy hh:mmtt")),

Show less

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution in Power Query;
Source = DateTimeZone.SwitchZone(DateTimeZone.FixedUtcNow(), -4), #"Converted to Table" = #table(1, {{Source}}), #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", "LastRefreshDate"}}), #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "AsOf", each "As of "&DateTimeZone.ToText([LastRefreshDate], "MM/dd/yyyy hh:mmtt")),

Show less

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , check if this setting in power bi service can help

https://support.helpshift.com/kb/article/how-do-i-set-my-timezone-in-power-bi/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but I can't find that section. Where is it supposed to be in the Power BI Service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.