Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbi1908
Helper III
Helper III

Problem when I connect to a folder

Hi guys, 

I have 10 excel files in a folder. I am trying to connec to the folder from Power Bi but in Power Query after I choose Combine and Transform some specific columns from some excels i see them as Nulls but in the excel file are not Nulls. 

I tried to align all the excels files by making all the columns as text (The columns which have the problem are text, is actually text with number e.g AG284/4), but again is not working. 

In the meanwhile if i connect to a specific excel (only to this), power query loading normally all the columns. 

I know that i can load the excels and combine them through the append queries, but i prefer this solution so to navigate my colleagues just to bring me the file in the folder. 

Also the excel files are all in the same format (.xlsx)

Does anyone has any idea why this happen ? 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Instead of using the built-in Combine function you can create your own process - create a function that ingests an excel file (and maye forces all columns to text) and then use "Add column - from custom function" to fetch all the content. Then throw away unneeded columns and finally expand the function column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.