Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dorsey
Regular Visitor

Problem between two dates

Hi,

My project going well, but, like a newbee, I have a lot of question. First thank you for helping me from the beginning. 

My new question is about the date. More specifically about the time between two dates. 

To explain here is my table : 

Capture.PNG

This represente the holiday demand of the user.

The column "delay" count automatcally the "working" day between the column "start" and "end" with this : 

Delay = IF('altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[APM_DAY]="day",var noworkdays = IF ('altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[CONTRAT]= "MC", CALCULATE(COUNT('Calcul_ferié'[Date]),FILTER('Calcul_ferié','altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[start]<='Calcul_ferié'[Date]&&'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[end]>='Calcul_ferié'[Date]&&('Calcul_ferié'[isholiday_MC]=1||'Calcul_ferié'[isweekend]=1))),CALCULATE(COUNT('Calcul_ferié'[Date]),FILTER('Calcul_ferié','altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[start]<='Calcul_ferié'[Date]&&'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[end]>='Calcul_ferié'[Date]&&('Calcul_ferié'[isholiday]=1||'Calcul_ferié'[isweekend]=1)))) return DATEDIFF('altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[start],'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[end],DAY)-noworkdays+1,0.5)

My problem is when I use the "start" filter or the "end" filter, it remove the line.

For exemple : 

I put this on my filter start : 

Capture2.PNG

and return this : 

Capture3.PNG

What I looking for is the first table but with the "start date" as the filter.

Not sur it's clear but... sorry for my english

I thinks this post Is the start for me, but I think too that my delay working after that.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-between-two-dates/m-p/823159#M395490

Thank you for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
dorsey
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

I've try a lot of thing, but I'm still stuck with this problem. I think it's too close but anyway it's notworking. If someone look around I'm very interresting

Kind regards

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dorsey,

Maybe you can take a look at the following link to create a new expanded table about detailed records of the date range, then you can simple operate with that date ranegs:

Solved: Spread revenue across period based on start and en... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your answer, It's very close to working and thank you for that.

I've juste a little problem.

ID_USER 64 have taken 3 day on febrary and 1 day on may, but on my visualisation I have accumulation of this day on febrary and on may as you see here : 

Capture.PNG

Is it possible to have 3 on Febrary and 1 on May ? 

If my .pbix help you can find it here : 

https://altissimalearning.net/Holiday_test2.pbix

thank you again for your help

regards

Hi @dorsey,

It looks like these records not mapping correctly and they have been aggregated, you can try to use the following measure formula to split these aggregated values:

Measure = 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[DUREE_GT] ),
    FILTER (
        ALLSELECTED ( 'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday' ),
        [start] in VALUES( 'Calcul_ferié'[Date] )
    ),
    VALUES ( 'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[ID _USER] )
)

7.png

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Xiaoxin Sheng for your answer.

it's very very close, but stil 1 problem. 

When holiday taken by user is over two month (not sur it's good in english sorry).

For exemple ID_USER 1 have taken is holiday between 07-30-21 to 08-30-2021.

Normaly we should have 1 on july and 19 on august actually we have 21 on july.

To be exact, if we reject non working day, we need to have no day on july and 19 on august.

I Hope I'm clear I've a very bad english.

Also, I have change the code by the following because the good column is "delay"

Measure = 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[Delay] ),
    FILTER (
        [start] in VALUES( 'Calcul_ferié'[Date] )
    ),
)

Again thank you, I learn a lots of things.

Regards

Hi @dorsey,

Did you mean to exclude the holiday range from this expression calculation? IF that is the case, you can extract the holiday ranges and do except operating in the formula:

Measure =
VAR holidayList =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( holiday[Date] ),
        ALLSELECTED ( holiday ),
        VALUES ( holiday[ID _USER] )
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'altissim_gt altissim_gt_holiday'[Delay] ),
        FILTER (
            [start] IN EXCEPT ( VALUES ( 'Calcul_ferié'[Date] ), holidayList )
        ),
    )

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hello and thank you for reply.

No the probleme is not here, sorry for my english it's hard to explain.

Myabe with a picture.

Look for this user, it take his holiday between july and august, but in the second tab, the day of holiday (8) was all in july. Maybe it's possible to have 7 in july and 1 on august hol.PNG

thank you again.

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.