Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PowerBi Desktop refresh stuck

Hello,

my PBI Desktop report always stucks after all rows are loaded. 

It declares that from datasource yxz 10000 rows loaded, but nothing happens.

What I did so far: set privacy levels to none and also to public. Deleted the cache. Tried to load in PowerQuery and after in PBI.

Nothing helped so much. If I copy all steps from PQ to a new file it load perfectly fast.

But I would need a lot of time to setup all measures in DAX and all the calculated columns which I cannot just copy from the original PBI file. 

Is there any solution to the endless refreshing?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Best. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Applicable88 ,

As far as I know, if you get Power BI refresh stuck , this should be caused by to too large size data or complex data model.

Here I suggest you to refer to below offical blog to optmize your data model.

For reference:

Optimization guide for Power BI

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rzhou-msft , thanks for the reply, but size of the dataset is really not the issue here. 

The dataset is pretty small, and it just stops after all rows are already loaded. Also the applied steps are very few. Its kind of stuck and were already mentioned from other users. But I tried everything from cleaning the cache to adjust the privace levels. Until that point nothing seems to correct that file until you redo it from scratch. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.