Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HunTran
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Matrix how to hide blank rows

Hi,

I have a data model that looks like this: Sales are linked to Stores by a LocationKey, also Sales are linked to RSA by an RSAKey.

HunTran_0-1692131328831.png

I need to create a matrix that shows Stores, then RSA, then the Sales$.

HunTran_1-1692131530535.pngHunTran_2-1692131567147.png

But because there is no direct relationship between Stores and RSA, when I drill down, all RSA will show. Is there any way that I can get rid of the blank rows?

(1 solution that I used before is to create Related Columns of Stores Name and RSA Name in the Sales table, and drop that in the matrix, that way it will show without blank rows, but I do not want to do Related Columns because Sales table get really big (>20Mil rows) )

Appreciate any insights. Thank you guys very much,

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@HunTran in the matrix visual image you shared, I see lot more values in that, what all are values you are using in the matrix visual?

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

HunTran
Frequent Visitor

The visual i am using is something like this:

Sales$ = CALCULATE(SUM(HomeStore[Sales]),DateMaster[FiscalYear] = YEAR(TODAY()))

Does the additional year filter affect it?
(To clarify, the LocationKey coming from Location table, RSACode coming from RSA table, not the Sales table. it works automatically if both of them come from the Sales table)
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@HunTran what measure you are using to visualize the data? It should work out of the box.

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.