Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sushmag
Employee
Employee

Power bi desktop is importing more data than the data stored in the tables and taking long time

Hi,

I am trying to connect to tables stored in azure data lake storage gen2. As the data lake storage primary endpoint is not connecting to tables stored in azure data lake, I am using table endpoint to connect i.e. I am connecting to tables by connecting to azure table storage. But while importing data from the tables, it is importing more data which is not stored in the tables at all. i.e. it is loading 50gb data while the total storage occupied by the table is only 5gb.

What could be the reason for this?
Is there any other way to connect to tables in azure data lake gen2?

Thanks,
Sushma

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sushmag ,

In some cases it may be at most twice the original data table but how could it be 50gb... Could you please share some screenshots about this?

Also, to visit azure data lake, you can use Blod service endpoint and connect to azure blob storage to get tables in this lake.

azure blob.pngblob.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl ,

Here is the screenshot while importing data to power bi

Capture8.JPG

Here is the screenshot of the storage occupied by tables

Capture7.JPG

Hi @sushmag ,

Could you use azure blob stroage to connect and get data normally? It could be a diplay error in power bi if your report size is about 5gb actually. Have you checked the report size after producing this issue or the size of report is reallt about 50gb.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl ,

The tables are not displayed when I try to connect using blob storage.

Capture11_LI.jpg

The size of the report is only 5mb.

Thanks,

Sushma

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.