Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query M Language Not Helping in Selecting Data

Hi, I am new to PowerBI.  I am trying to use a Direct Power Query to retrieve data from a very large SQL Server table to minimize the amount of data uploaded to my pc.

The table contains a column named Report-Week-Date which is the week ending Tuesday of the week the record was created.  For example a record created on Monday Dec 11 has a Report-Week-Date of 12-12-2017 for the week of 12-6-2017 - 12-12-2017.

I also only want to load the prior 52 weeks of data.  I have been using Crystal Reports for my reporting but want to shift everything to PowerBI.  With Crystal I create code to select records on the following criteria....... Report-Week-Date < Current Date and

Datediff("w",(Report-Week-Date), currentdate)  < 53.  Where I am subtracting the Report-Week-Date week number from the CurrentDate and selecting if it is less than 53.

I cannot get this to work in the Power Query M Language although I can find the matching commands in DAX.  Coding with DAX would defeat my intent because the entire table would be loaded to my pc.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
McCow
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous

A Query Editor has a lot of functions, from top interface level accesable to.

If your Report-Week-Date column has a date type you can manipulate of data load really simple, like this:

2017-12-17_00-27-51.pngCan it help you?

Best regs 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.