Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Hassa0213
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Visual matrix to highlight the given information

Hi please help with the below to create a power bi usual. Big help. I have the table data as below.

Company Inovation StageTicket
Company A1.stage101
Company B1.stage102
Company A2.stage103
Company A4.stage104
Company B3.stage105
Company B4.stage106

and I'm trying to have the below visual.

Company NameHighest Stage achivedTicket
Company Astage 4 
1.stage 101
2.stage 103
4.stage 104
Company Bstage 4 
1.stage 102
3.stage 105
4.stage 106

For each company I want to highligh the highest Innovation stage achived(as in col 2). Im not sure how to make a measure to do this. I added this information to power bi matrix but still having trouble getting the highest innovation stage achived and matrix aggregate the tickets. If I can get a visual similar to the above its fine. please advice.

What I did with matrix is below but the Ticket aggregation is wrong.(308,313,)

Hassa0213_0-1664978588437.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hassa0213 ,

I think this is pretty close to what you want:

vyadongfmsft_0-1666595669099.png

Maybe you can think about it.

Create a new column:

Highest Stage achived = IF( 'Table'[Inovation Stage] = MINX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Company] = EARLIER('Table'[Company])),'Table'[Inovation Stage]), MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Company] = EARLIER('Table'[Company])),'Table'[Inovation Stage]))

vyadongfmsft_1-1666595769588.png

Then create a matrix:

vyadongfmsft_2-1666595813367.png

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hassa0213 ,

I think this is pretty close to what you want:

vyadongfmsft_0-1666595669099.png

Maybe you can think about it.

Create a new column:

Highest Stage achived = IF( 'Table'[Inovation Stage] = MINX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Company] = EARLIER('Table'[Company])),'Table'[Inovation Stage]), MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Company] = EARLIER('Table'[Company])),'Table'[Inovation Stage]))

vyadongfmsft_1-1666595769588.png

Then create a matrix:

vyadongfmsft_2-1666595813367.png

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Thanks for the answer, I tried your answer and got the below visual.

Hassa0213_1-1667639968328.png

but the Highest Innovation Stage here is highlighted for the ID's 101 and 102. The requirment I have is to show the highest Innovation stage when the Innovation stage column is drill up to the company level as shown below.

Hassa0213_3-1667640413111.png

I have more drill down data now. I used the measure as below and got the Highest Innovation Stage.

Innov_m = var stage_s = CALCULATE(MAX(Company_table[Inovation Stage]), ALLEXCEPT(Company_table,Company_table[Inovation Stage], Company_table[Company Name]))

return CALCULATE(MAX(Company_table[Inovation Stage]),FILTER(Company_table, (Company_table[Inovation Stage])= stage_s))
Hassa0213_0-1667657135686.png

But when I drill upto the region level I dont want to see the Highest Innovation stage but it is showing as below. (Please ignore the sum of ID column)

Hassa0213_1-1667659749796.png

Hi Thanks for the answer, I tried your answer and got the below visual.

Hassa0213_1-1667639968328.png

but the Highest Innovation Stage here is highlighted for the ID's 101 and 102. The requirment I have is to show the highest Innovation stage when the Innovation stage column is drill up to the company level as shown below.

Hassa0213_3-1667640413111.png

I have more drill down data now. I used the measure as below and got the Highest Innovation Stage.

Innov_m = var stage_s = CALCULATE(MAX(Company_table[Inovation Stage]), ALLEXCEPT(Company_table,Company_table[Inovation Stage], Company_table[Company Name]))

return CALCULATE(MAX(Company_table[Inovation Stage]),FILTER(Company_table, (Company_table[Inovation Stage])= stage_s))
Hassa0213_0-1667657135686.png

But when I drill upto the region level I dont want to see the Highest Innovation stage but it is showing as below. (Please ignore the sum of ID column)

Hassa0213_1-1667659749796.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Hassa0213 , Not very clear

if you want to show max at the company level

maxx(Values(Table[Stage]), calculate(Sum(Table[Ticket])) )

If you want find max at company level and highlight

max 1 = calculate(maxx(Values(Table[Stage]), calculate(Sum(Table[Ticket])) ), allselected(Table[Company]))

Then you can have color measure and use that in conditional formatting using field value option

If([Max 1] = Sum(Table[ticket]) , "Green", "White")

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYo50Ajmr4SgSV9HIQLxc8L
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Conditional-formatting-the-Pie-Visual/ba-p/...
https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-where-is-the-conditional-formatting-option-in-new-format-pan...

Hi Sorry the question was not clear. There is 3 columns company name, innovation stage and ticket ID. The user will submit the ticket ID for each company for each innovation stage.  The innovation stages for each company is ‘1.Stage’ , ‘2.Stage’, ‘3.Stage’, ‘4. Stage’ .  I want to show the user submitted current highest (max) innovation stage at the company level.

And also show the ticket ID without summing it in another column.

Please let me know how to get a similar visual to this in a matrix or in any table view? Thanks

I want an output table information as shown below. Thanks a lot.

Company NameHighest Stage achivedTicket ID
Company A3.stage 
1.stage 101
2.stage 103
3.stage 104
Company B4.stage 
1.stage 102
2.stage 105
3.stage 106
4.stage 107

Thanks, Ill try this and see.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.