Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

User202

Power BI measure to remove a filter

Hi,

I am trying to make a measure to calculate a percentage where the nominator would be affected by all of the on page filters (slicers) and the denominator would be affected by 3 out of the 4 slicers. 

i have made a measure calculating the nominator as:

total staff=

countrows('staff')

this accounts for all filters

the denominator i created as 

total staff 2 =
calculate(

countrows('staff'),

removefilters('staff')[country])

however the total staff 2 removing filters is giving the same number as the total staff when i apply a filter to the country slicer. I would like the percentage to show the staff in a country/by the total staff where i can adjust the date slicer and the percentage will factor this in. My final percentage would use the measure total staff/total staff 2

thank you in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
rajendraongole1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @User202 - create a measure that calculates a percentage where the numerator for staff count table as below:

Measure1:

Total Staff = COUNTROWS('Staff')

This measure should ignore the Country filter but consider all other filters. Instead of using REMOVEFILTERS

You can use this measure for denominator

Total Staff Ignoring Country =
CALCULATE(
COUNTROWS('Staff'),
ALL('Staff'[Country])
)

create last measure to get the percentage calculation%

Percentage Staff by Country =
DIVIDE(
[Total Staff],
[Total Staff Ignoring Country],
BLANK()
)

It works. please check

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi,

I have tried the ALL option instead of REMOVEFILTERS and this also does not work. The only solution I have come up with so far is duplicating the table which is not the most ideal solution 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors