Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI embedding

Hi Community,

Our institution runs the O365 enterprise and I am getting to grips with Power BI and Power Query. I have attained a reasonable grasp of Power Query, but wanted to make the visualizations more automated for sharing purposes on internal platforms. Hence I'm now attempting to master Power BI. We currently only have the online version of Power BI. I have downloaded the trial version of PowerBI desktop, but I'm not seeing any option to embed (earlier YouTube videos from 2-3 years ago show an embed option). Is this because the desktop version doesn't have the functionality or because the embed options now have to go through tortuous workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , there are two ways, Creating an embedded link from power bi service.

Another one is used embedded power bi

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-secure

embedded

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-analytics-power-bi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak , thanks for  your advice. Unfortunately I can't see the options that are available in your first method. In my trial Desktop version, I can only see "Publish to PowerBI..."

I note from further guidance buried in the first method...

"the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity."

Would I be correct in saying the Desktop version of Power BI is neither Pro nor Premium. Therefore the API method (second method) will not work either?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.