Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NeedhelpPBI

Power BI delete group audit

We recently had an access issue in one of our workspaces. An access group has been removed and we don't know why. Is there a way to validate in the logs who have removed this group? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Hi   @NeedhelpPBI 

Knowing who is taking what action on which item in Power BI can be critical in helping your organization fulfill its requirements, like meeting regulatory compliance and records management. This article discusses two options to track user activity: The Power BI activity log and the unified audit log.

Choosing a log source

The Power BI Activity Log and unified audit log both contain a complete copy of the Power BI auditing data. However, we highly recommend using the Power BI Activity Log for the followi...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NeedhelpPBI

My support center tells me that if nothing is found in the "note" column of the table, it means that the feature is not yet developed by Microsoft. I have a doubt. Is it true?

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Hi   @NeedhelpPBI 

Knowing who is taking what action on which item in Power BI can be critical in helping your organization fulfill its requirements, like meeting regulatory compliance and records management. This article discusses two options to track user activity: The Power BI activity log and the unified audit log.

Choosing a log source

The Power BI Activity Log and unified audit log both contain a complete copy of the Power BI auditing data. However, we highly recommend using the Power BI Activity Log for the followi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.