Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AmberAnten

Power BI Traffic Light - Multiple values at location

I have been given an existing Power BI file to modify. They are using a traffic light map to show the status of equipment at each locations (Assets Available = Green, In Use = Blue, None Exist = Red). In some locations, there are BOTH assets available AND in use, however the color is just green on the map. It isn't until you click on the circle (and it turns navy blue) that you can see there are multiple values at that location. In the image shown - the location I select has 2 assets in use and 3 available. Is there a way to get the circle to appear BOTH green and blue on the map when nothing is selected? Or can multiple circles be at a location? Additionally, there are FOUR possible values, Yes, No, In Use, and PLANNED. The traffic light seems to only identify THREE values. Is there a way to include the FOURTH? (Planned)

AmberAnten_0-1703263595048.png

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @AmberAnten ,

the answer is simple: No.

A bubble can not have multiple colors.

A bubble represents a location, this means there is only one bubble per location.

But you can convert a bubble into a pie as in the image below, by adding a categorical (text) column into the legend field of the Map visual:

image.png

Of course, this requires adapting your model.

Hopefully, this provides you with an idea of how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Okay I will give that a go and see if I have any luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.