Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Get excel file from SharePoint shows deleted files before I pick Merge & Edit list

I deleted a few Excel files in Sharepoint. They continue to show up in the GET list. How does one remove these? They seem to exist somewhere, PowerBI or SharePoint? 

Get >> SharePoint folder > Connect >> Enter SharePoint URL > OK 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

This problem is more like a Sharepoint problem, the PowerBI will get data from Sharepoint API, it looks like that the Sharepoint returns all data even when the files are removed from the Sharepoint list.

Best Regards,

Tiege

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jefreaky
Frequent Visitor

I just ran into the same problem with a user of mine. This is most likely due to how the SQL tables are used for SharePoint, I imagine deleted files are marked with a bit to determine whether they display in a folder or in the recycle bin, and those tables are used when connecting to SharePoint and enumerating the directory.

Deleting the file from the recycle bin will solve the issue.

Perhaps a good idea for Microsoft would be to exclude these files when adding the data source to a Power BI book 

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

This problem is more like a Sharepoint problem, the PowerBI will get data from Sharepoint API, it looks like that the Sharepoint returns all data even when the files are removed from the Sharepoint list.

Best Regards,

Tiege

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.