Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dfrost

Power BI Desktop - Unable to sign in - Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed

Hi,

I'm new to Power BI having recently installed Power BI Desktop in order to evaluate it.

I'm encountering this issue when I try to sign in. Any thoughts on how to resolve this would be gratefully received.

Power BI Desktop - Sign in Issue.PNG

Kind regards,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Rafal-MCT

As the account e.g. https://FooBar.visualstudio.com/DemoProject

please use only account name (not full address).

Account: FooBar

Team Project: DemoProject

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dfrost,

In this scenario, it's not very clear to determine what caused the failure sign in. You can download a Fiddler to debug web applications by capturing network traffic between the Internet and test computers. 

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Yuliana for your advise.

Interesting, if somewhat puzzling to me, with Fiddler up and running I can sign in via Power BI Desktop no problem. However, if I then try again, this time without Fiddler, I hit this issue again!

I don't encounter this problem at home using my own PC only at work (and so does a colleague of mine) so I suspect it's a configuration problem at this end, perhaps something to do with the proxy?

Hi @dfrost,

It looks like this is not an issue with PowerBI tool. Maybe there is some configuration problems in Windows or the proxy as you said. So, I would suggest you post this thread to the Windows forum to get more professional advice. Or you can sumbit this issue to Microsoft at this page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/. Appreciate for your understanding. 

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.