Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cillepersille
Frequent Visitor

Populating multiple tables in Word template with Power automate

Hi! I am experiencing difficulties populating multiple tables in one word template using a button in Power BI to trigger a Flow. I have successfully populated one table in the template, but I need to populate multiple tables in that same document, based on different tables from the Power BI-data. I used Curbals Youtube-video in order to do these first steps, and it has worked fine, but I will immerse my issue: 

The report I am using consists of 15 tables. I have connected 3 tables to a main table named "Departments", with one to many connections from "Departments" to those three tables, let's call the other tables "Table 1", "Table 2" and "Table 3" - connected with the Department ID. For the button I have connected data from the "Departments" table and data from "Table 1". I have successfully populated the template in word as I wanted with data from Departments and "Table 1". I now also need to populate another table in the same template (in one button click), with data from "Table 2", and yet another with data from "Table 3", all in the same Word Template. Is there a way for me to achieve this?

Best regards, Cecilie

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cillepersille ,

Don't quite understand your needs and the mentioned video screen tutorial. Can you provide the relevant screenshot information and describe it so that I can answer it for you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi thank you for your response.

I've added some photos so you can better understand my issue @v-henryk-mstf  🙂

The video I've been following is this one: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlYl3pVL1g

I've added descriptions to each photo, to explain the issue, and will add them here as well for it to be easier to access.

1st picture:  The tables are connected to the main table with Department ID. They can not be connected to eacother as they will all be many to many relationship and it is not needed either. I only want them connected to the departments table with the department ID as reference.

2nd picture: Flow button is connected to Departments-table and Table 1, in order to fill in the template

3rd picture: Flow button fails when I try to add data from more than the 2 tables, and won't work.

4th picture: This is what the template looks like. I want to fill in the top table with data from Table 2, and the bottom table with data from table 1. And i also want to be able to add more tables, and add information to them from table 3, and so on.

5th picture: The Power automate connected to the button.

The tables are connected to the main table with Department ID. They can not be connected to eacother as they will all be many to many relationship and it is not needed either. I only want them connected to the departments table with the department ID as reference.The tables are connected to the main table with Department ID. They can not be connected to eacother as they will all be many to many relationship and it is not needed either. I only want them connected to the departments table with the department ID as reference.Flow button is connected to Departments-table and Table 1, in order to fill in the templateFlow button is connected to Departments-table and Table 1, in order to fill in the templateFlow button fails when I try to add data from more than the 2 tables, and won't work.Flow button fails when I try to add data from more than the 2 tables, and won't work.This is what the template looks like. I want to fill in the top table with data from Table 2, and the bottom table with data from table 1. And i also want to be able to add more tables, and add information to them from table 3, and so on.This is what the template looks like. I want to fill in the top table with data from Table 2, and the bottom table with data from table 1. And i also want to be able to add more tables, and add information to them from table 3, and so on.This is what the Flow looks like.This is what the Flow looks like.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.